A Message from the Aruma Team
We’re looking forward to gradually reopening Aruma while protecting the health of our clients and employees alike. It can’t be said enough – the health of our community is our number one priority. We’ve implemented the recommendations of public health authorities, and we’re applying the highest standards in the industry to ensure your visit is a safe and peaceful one.
We’ve thoroughly examined each aspect of the Aruma experience – from the time you book your appointment to the time you leave – and made the necessary adjustments to ensure your safety. We’re implementing a contactless experience as much as possible, significantly reducing capacity to ensure physical distancing, and screening our clients for symptoms.
We understand that you might have questions about the steps we’re taking in response to COVID-19. You’ll notice several changes to the Aruma experience as a whole, we’re happy to share these changes with you below.
COVID-19 Frequently Asked Questions
We have slowly and intentionally resumed some of our services and classes based on recommendations of public health authorities, and the industries our practitioners represent. We are now safely offering the following services:
- Counselling and Psychotherapy – Zoom, phone AND in-person sessions available.
- Chiropractic Care – Zoom, phone AND in-person sessions available.
- Acupuncture – In-person sessions available.
- Registered Massage Therapy - In-person sessions available
- Reiki - In-person sessions available
- Virtual Yoga – Live virtual yoga via Zoom.
- Stand-up Paddle Boarding - In-person on the water
We remain optimistic that we will be able to offer reflexology, in-person yoga, and workshops again soon.
Here are some of the preventative measures we’ve put in place:
- We are limiting the number of clients to ensure safe distancing.
- Schedules have been adjusted to better control the flow of traffic in at any given moment.
- Hand sanitizer is provided upon check-in and in every room.
- We have closed our waiting area and removed self-serve water and tea stations.
- We have removed extra chairs, rugs, pillows, towels and linens.
- The reception and common areas will be disinfected several times during the day.
- Appointments will be spaced accordingly in order to carefully disinfect each room between each client.
- Hard surface disinfectant and hand sanitizers approved by Health Canada are being used, and being provided for staff and clients.
- Signage has been installed in relevant areas.
The best way to book an appointment is to email us. We are currently not allowing walk-ins in an effort to control the number of people in the building at any given moment. To reduce unnecessary contact, we will not have staff on site regularly to answer phone calls. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Yes, clients are required to confirm that they are in good health before they are able to book an appointment. They will also be asked to confirm the state of their health upon arrival.
When you book an appointment, you will be required to certify that you:
- Are not experiencing any of the COVID-19 symptoms (including recent or exacerbated chronic cough, difficulty breathing, sudden loss of smell without nasal congestion and with or without loss of taste, muscle pain, intense fatigue, diarrhea)
- Have not travelled outside the country in the last 14 days
- Are not waiting for the results of a COVID-19 test
- Have not been in contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 in the past 14 days
If you answer yes to any of the questions, we will reschedule your appointment to a later date.
Prior to attending an appointment at Aruma, please review the COVID-19 screening questions listed above, and inform us as soon as possible if you experience any of the symptoms described so that we may reschedule your appointment to a later date.
Please wear appropriate PPE to your appointment as instructed by your practitioner. We encourage the use of face masks. If there are issues that prevent you from being able to wear PPE, you will be screened appropriately.
To help us maintain physical distancing measures, please arrive 10 minutes prior to your appointment and remain in your vehicle until welcomed by a staff member. Before entering the building, you will be asked screening questions to assess whether you are experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19 or if you have been in contact with anyone who has had symptoms. We will reschedule your appointment if you are exhibiting symptoms.
Upon entering the building, you will be asked to disinfect your hands with the sanitizer provided before proceeding to your appointment. To minimize traffic, we kindly request that you arrive unaccompanied to your appointment. Only clients scheduled for an appointment will be permitted to enter the building, unless you require assistance for medical reasons.
If you are late, please contact us from your vehicle upon arrival. We will reschedule your visit if it compromises the next appointment.
Given the current circumstances, we’ve relaxed our cancellation policy, and cancellation fees will be waived until further notice. If you are unwell, please let us know as soon as possible. Do not attend your appointment if you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 – we will extend the same courtesy to you.
At this time, we are accepting payments by contactless credit card or debit card. If you prefer, you may provide us with a credit card number in advance to be stored (encrypted) on your file, and we will process payments remotely. Cash will not be accepted. Receipts will be provided via email.