We at Aruma, are committed to the health and well-being of our clients and families. Services are currently being offered in person and virtual formats.
Screening measures will be in place prior to, and at the time of your session. If you are experiencing signs or symptoms of Covid-19, your session will be moved to a virtual format. Our therapists reserve the right to change to a virtual format should they feel it necessary.
Please enquire directly with your therapist to confirm the format of your scheduled session.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding our safety measure please do not hesitate to contact us.
In Good Health,
The Aruma Team
COVID-19 Frequently Asked Questions
We have slowly and intentionally resumed some of our services and classes based on recommendations of public health authorities, and the industries our practitioners represent. We are now safely offering the following services:
- Counselling and Psychotherapy – Zoom, phone AND in-person sessions available.
- Registered Massage Therapy – In-person sessions available
Here are some of the preventative measures we’ve put in place:
- We are limiting the number of clients to ensure safe distancing.
- Schedules have been adjusted to better control the flow of traffic in at any given moment.
- Hand sanitizer is provided upon check-in and in every room.
- We have closed our waiting area and removed self-serve water and tea stations.
- We have removed extra chairs, rugs, pillows, towels and linens.
- The reception and common areas will be disinfected several times during the day.
- Appointments will be spaced accordingly in order to carefully disinfect each room between each client.
- Hard surface disinfectant and hand sanitizers approved by Health Canada are being used, and being provided for staff and clients.
- Signage has been installed in relevant areas.
The best way to book an appointment is to phone or email us. We are currently not allowing walk-ins in an effort to control the number of people in the building at any given moment. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Yes, clients are required to confirm that they are in good health before they are able to book an appointment. They will also be asked to confirm the state of their health upon arrival.
When you book an appointment, you will be required to certify that you:
- Are not experiencing any of the COVID-19 symptoms (including recent or exacerbated chronic cough, difficulty breathing, sudden loss of smell without nasal congestion and with or without loss of taste, muscle pain, intense fatigue, diarrhea)
- Have not travelled outside the country in the last 14 days
- Are not waiting for the results of a COVID-19 test
- Have not been in contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 in the past 14 days
If you answer yes to any of the questions, we will reschedule your appointment to a later date.
Prior to attending an appointment at Aruma, please review the COVID-19 screening questions listed above, and inform us as soon as possible if you experience any of the symptoms described so that we may reschedule your appointment to a later date.
Please wear appropriate PPE to your appointment as instructed by your practitioner. We encourage the use of face masks. If there are issues that prevent you from being able to wear PPE, you will be screened appropriately.
To help us maintain physical distancing measures, please arrive 10 minutes prior to your appointment and remain in your vehicle until welcomed by a staff member. Before entering the building, you will be asked screening questions to assess whether you are experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19 or if you have been in contact with anyone who has had symptoms. We will reschedule your appointment if you are exhibiting symptoms.
Upon entering the building, you will be asked to disinfect your hands with the sanitizer provided before proceeding to your appointment. To minimize traffic, we kindly request that you arrive unaccompanied to your appointment. Only clients scheduled for an appointment will be permitted to enter the building, unless you require assistance for medical reasons.
If you are late, please contact us from your vehicle upon arrival. We will reschedule your visit if it compromises the next appointment.
If you are unwell, please let us know as soon as possible. Do not attend your appointment if you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 – we will extend the same courtesy to you.
At this time, we prefer to accept payments by contactless credit card or debit card. If you prefer, you may provide us with a credit card number in advance to be stored (encrypted) on your file, and we will process payments remotely. Cash is still accepted. Receipts will be provided via email.